Thursday, May 14, 2009

Home

Home is not a place that you can necessarily choose. It's the place that courses through your blood, warming your heart at it's mere existence. Home is the place you want to grow old around, the parks you imagine yourself putzing around in greeting others as they pass by. The place that makes your heart stop the moment your eyes fall on that small "Welcome To" sign.

Home to me is Oregon. Prayer after prayer has been uttered off my desperate lips. Call after call asking the Lord to grant me a way back to that small country town. There is no greater place that I can imagine living in. Driving through the country last weekend I could feel the land in my soul calling me home. The fields dance their bits of grain in the wind, floating across the landscape into my heart. My hand dances on the wind as we drive.

My very being aches for that place, that moment, that time, that city.

Ask and you shall receive...God is taking me home :)

I am going home! The thought makes my heart pitter patter against my chest. Warming my blood beneath my skin. My hands jitter as I close my eyes, going back to that field of gold and tan. The trees pepper the backdrop of the landscape all enclosed by the outline of the rolling hills. I breath in, sighing and looking at the clock. Counting the days until I can drive past that Welcome To sign whispering I'm back.

...home...there is no other word like it

1 comment:

chickory said...

Edith how beautifully written this is. i love it and i can feel your excitement crackling through thepowerlines that lead to my computer. i hope you find a grreat job there and have a nice reunion with your friends and family.

please be sure to take lots of photographs - i miss you photo essays. lets see you beloved home in images so that we will love it too.

xoxoxoxox auntie